[at-l] Hennessey Hammock advice

> I have read all of the great raves of the Hennessey. It
> really sounds great, but I am a natural born skeptic. Is
> there any one out there that has used one and has any
> negative feedback. I am almost ready to purchase one, but
> would like to hear from anyone who is not satisfied with a
> Hennessey. They just sound too good to be true. I am very
> happy with my Nomad Lite, but like the idea
> of never needing to find a flat spot.

I like to say that I have been hammocking since before hammocking was cool,
and I am very 'pro hammock'.  I will say, however, that a hammock isn't all
things to all people.  They sometimes take some getting used to...

I have a lot of things up on my website about hammocks.  The WHY HAMMOCK?
article:

<http://www.theplacewithnoname.com/hiking/sections/gear/shelter/whyhammock.h
tm>

The HOW TO USE A HENNESSY HAMMOCK pages:

<http://www.theplacewithnoname.com/hiking/sections/gear/shelter/hthh.htm>

These include videos on tying the knot, getting in and out, and getting in
and out using a pad.  I also describe the pad I use for cold weather.  This
is sort of a work in progress, so comments and criticisms welcome.  I'm
sorry that I couldn't use a better model for the video...

Sgt. Rock is also THE MAN when it comes to the Hennessy.  His site is:
http://hikinghq.net/

There is a hammock camping book available:  www.hammockcamping.com, and a
free newsletter is also available there.

There is a hammock camping Yahoo group called hammockcamping.

There are, of course, negatives - but the benefits far outweigh them...

Shane