Re[2]: [at-l] Genuineness of Contemporary Thru-hikes (LONG)

>"...The big difference with hiking the CDT, as opposed to the AT, is that =
you
>make you own rules and your hike is defined by them,"hinks Sly.

=A0Hmmm. I don't remember that many rules for hiking the AT. A couple of pl=
aces
forbid fires during drought periods. In the Smokies and Shenendoah you had =
have a camping permit. I did make a few rules for myself. I took all the si=
de
trails to waterfalls and scenic places, but that was purely voluntary on my
part, sort of doing it my way.

Oh. You mean the rules for getting a piece of paper and permission to buy a
patch for your jacket? That's totally voluntary also. No one forces you to =
fill
out a questionaire.

Does anyone issue pieces of paper and forms for the Continental Divide Trai=
l? If
no one does, my advice is to not succumb to the temptation of creating such=
paper. It stirs up too much horse excrement and those western trails have t=
oo
much of that already.

Weary

claiming you're . There was a requirement that Bob