[at-l] Stoves - My Two Cents Worth

i'm reading all thest stove posts with interest.
having just spent the last few hours reading over alchohol
stoves and weighing (monetarily+mentaly) my options...

the optimus nova goes for 100 squid in the uk, the msr
internationale whisper 600 goes for 70 squid.

thats.. a lotta dosh. when i think in aussie dollars
its like.. 250-280ish for the nova, 170-200ish... ouch...

as for the alchohol stoves.. i thought you could get
methylated spirits anywhere? in australia metho + turpentine
was available all over the place.. here in england they call
it (i think) parafin (which makes me think of parafin _wax_)...

but if metho is hard to get in the usa... using a metho stove aint
much point ne?

btw.. why is metho known as alchohol? any relation to
rubbing alchohol? (with my luck it has 10000 different names....)

-Stu 'Just another Mad Aussie in London' George