[at-l] Stoves - My Two Cents Worth

Welcome, to a list likewise divided by a common language.

In the States, alcohol usually refers to ethanol - the same stuff that
makes Foster's ale so rewarding. One can buy it heavily taxed and tasty
as EverClear or grain alcohol. One can buy it cheaply as denatured
alcohol (chemicals added to make it bad to drink) - also sold as fuel
line dryer, fuel injector cleaner, paint/shellac thinner and the like.
Methanol is also available, in similar sources as denatured alcohol.

Rubbing alcohol is an aqueous solution containing isopropanol, with the
water making the fire less hot and more sooty. In hiking areas, you
will find the better fuels of methanol and denatured alcohol pretty
easily.

Bill...