[at-l] AT Hiker Shot By Hunter

This unfortunate report should have been held until some real
information was available.  There are those on this list who have loved
ones out on all sections of the trail all year long.  A report like this
can only create anxiety for them until more information is available.  I
am speaking as a hiker and a father of two women who hike, one of whom
checked in today from somewhere near Big Bald in NC.

Steve