[at-l] Snowmobiles on the AT

--
What's to stop someone crying foul and demanding a multiple use trail,
especially since it's also a NP?  I wouldn't doubt that the current
administration would go along with it, since they all have powerful lobbies.
And *bottom line*, it would create jobs.

But see that's the problem, you assume that the current administration will
always do the worst, from your point of view. Do you think Bush just woke up
one morning and decided that he should flood Yellowstone with snowmobiles.
No, local people complained to their representatives and the representatives
worked their way up the political ladder until it landed in the Whitehouse.
It was democracy in action, something you folks always claim to love until
it turns against you. The actually user base near the park wants
snowmobiles. I don't think the actual user base on the AT is demanding that
other vehicles be permitted to use the trail.

Bryan