[at-l] Snowmobiles on the AT

> But see that's the problem, you assume that the current administration will
> always do the worst, from your point of view. Do you think Bush just woke up
> one morning and decided that he should flood Yellowstone with snowmobiles.
> No, local people complained to their representatives and the representatives
> worked their way up the political ladder until it landed in the Whitehouse.
> It was democracy in action, something you folks always claim to love until
> it turns against you. The actually user base near the park wants
> snowmobiles. I don't think the actual user base on the AT is demanding that
> other vehicles be permitted to use the trail.
>
> Bryan

	Democracy? When 80% of the interested parties stated a desire for the
Parks to be closed to snowmobiles? Hardly democracy.

	It may be a republic in action, but that's a whole different kettle of
fish.

	Ron, who is /still/ a local person in regards to this particular
subject.
--

must preside at our assemblies.
	William O. Douglas