[at-l] Snowmobiles on the AT

--
In a message dated 11/21/02 7:21:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Slyatpct@aol.com writes:

> What's to stop someone crying foul and demanding a multiple use trail,
> especially since it's also a NP?  I wouldn't doubt that the current
> administration would go along with it, since they all have powerful
> lobbies.
> And *bottom line*, it would create jobs.

There are already designated trails in places like SNP and GSMNP for the
horseys.  There is no mandate (perceived or real) that all trails be open to
everything.  However, the mountain bikers might have a gripe (I've yet to see
a mountain bike trail in SNP, although they may be there).  <vbg>

Black&blue