[at-l] Not something to emote about

I understand the context in which you read it, and agree with your
opinion regarding veterans. I do not believe that was the context in
which Rick wrote and doubt he meant any slight to veterans and fallen
heroes. I believe he simply wished for a sense of scale in dealing with
decisions to vote nationally versus private organization. He wrote
regarding the occasional "over the top" rants regarding personal
decisions, with a tip of the cap to articulate writing by Baltimore
Jack. He, like far too many Americans, may not have considered the
timing of Armistice Day. One of the debts we owe our veterans is the
opportunity to go about our lives largely unaware of how combat wounds
long after the parades are over.

Bill...