[at-l] Not something to emote about

>Rick, this part of your statement bothered me:  "really am not interested
>in hearing about the blood of our American heros who fought for our
>rights."

I figured that.  If I had been smarter, I would have added that which I was
thinking-- "just to make a depating point.  Some things are sacred".  Again,
my appologies to you and the rest who I offended.  Ironically, it was an
effort to forstall such insensitive stupidity that caused me to create it
myself.

>I am a veteran and have deep memories of comrades who gave their lives for
>this country and freedom.

I figured that too.  Thanks for this post; it gives me the chance to express
my sincere gratitude for you your contributions and sacrifices.  It also
serves to remind me that people on this board are a whole lot more than what
we think we "know".  There are real heros among us.

>I found your statement on the AT-L list to be upsetting, given that it was
>Veterans Day and felt insulted.

Again, I am sorry for that.  My intent was just the opposite.

Rick Boudrie