[at-l] Not something to emote about

Rick, this part of your statement bothered me:  "really am not interested
in hearing about the blood of our American heros who fought for our rights."

I am a veteran and have deep memories of comrades who gave their lives for
this country and freedom.  I am a Chaplain for the VFW and see weekly many
men who are suffering with forms of PTSD, trying to cope by the use of
alcohol.  Men who refrain from sharing their terrible experiences of war
with family and others.  They keep it bottled up, inside.  They fought for
freedom.   Our departed mentor, Earl Shaffer exemplifies this.  1800
veterans of the US armed forces are dying each day.  Approximately 1000 of
these are WW2 veterans.  I've not met a combat veteran yet who glorifies
war, particularly the infantryman.

I found your statement on the AT-L list to be upsetting, given that it was
Veterans Day and felt insulted.

"...the music of the songs I love is found in the open air."
	From a Danish children's song.

Martin R. Fors [marty aka rusty]

http://www.hikevermont.com/lt2002/rusty/

http://www.trailjournals.com/rusty