From: Bushwacker
Date: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 4:54:29 PM
To: at-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: Foxfire WAS [at-l] Eggs

While I was mentioning the book series when I said that I would also like
to say that Foxfire is also a special treat in the backcountry.

The decay from felled trees and such allow for a unique form of bacteria
(or was it fungi) to grow that is phosphorescent. This literally allows
for certain areas of the ground to glow sort of greenish white. This
unique effect is called Foxfire.

Truly a unique thing to see if you happen upon it.

Bushwacker