[at-l] Earl Grey

--
Hi Casey,

aside from the idea of a laptop or palm device (there are a couple on the m=
arket with integrated cell capability, and a couple of cellphones with pda =
technology integrated), you specifically mentioned wearable computers so he=
re's a link to the one's I helped test when I worked at FedEx.
They are freaking awesome, fast, powerful, and heavy.

http://www.xybernaut.com/newxybernaut/home.htm

The FedEx aircraft mechanics use them as an integrated maintenance aid.  Th=
ey can view photographs and schematics of the area where they are working a=
nd compare it to the real thing, they can also update logs, order parts (vi=
a wireless connection to a warehouse computer) which are then taken out of =
electronic inventory, and electronically mark the plane "down" or "up" base=
d on their ability to fix whatever problem there was.

With all of that said, I suspect that if you are just looking for an abilit=
y to 'keep in touch' that a pda or phone is a better choice.  If you're doi=
ng some sort of trail related research, the xybernaut has a wrist mounted k=
eyboard for one-handed typing, but it's fairly heavy as I said.

And to answer your other question,  I only drink coffee (not that I don't d=
rink water, but I don't like tea) while on the trail.  Folgers singles rock=
.

-r