[at-l] Considerations.

Kahley,

Reference your post, dated August 12, 2002, asking "Is (lighter fluid) safe
to use on skin?  Would it be gigantically oweeeee?"

I haven't heard anything negative about its safety, although I wouldn't
think of lighter fluid as an antiseptic.  I haven't experienced any
"oweeeee" in it's usage.

Hello!  Doctor?

Reference is further made to your observation that "Purell ... burns as in
an accelerant ..."

I suspect lighter fluid will dilute quickly when in direct contact with
water, whether rain or a film of water on a surface, while Purell should
remain intact longer.  Lighter fluid would then lose it's better
"flashpoint" (if that's the right word).  Purell would probably be a better
accelerant than lighter fluid once it starts.  In use, a glob of Purell, of
sufficient amount, on a wet branch/twig should work well enough.  You may
need to split the branch/twig, then apply a squirt of lighter fluid to the
interior.

Steve