[at-l] Maine land prices

In a message dated 6/8/2002 1:07:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kahley@ptd.net
writes:

> You are making his case.  The funds are hard to come by because the
> majority of the people are not enthused about tax dollars going to protect
> the wild.

    *** And the Antarctic ice cap is making mine. Funny how people will argue
toothpicks while the water rises.

    I'm not sure exactly what the majority thinks? If some of the opinions I
see encouraged here are any indicator, I would say very much yes, the public
is against planned conservation as a national policy. But this isn't what I
have seen. I've seen that 70% of Americans are interested in effective
environmental policy and protecting the environment. It is only after their
will is compromised and outsourced by the controlling powers and invested
political machinery in this nation of the people's will that this desire ends
up being sputtered out in its present form. In the meantime the taxpayers can
decide which level of global decline they prefer. I'm sure we can trust the
business as usual powers to safely decide and which investment option they
give us that pushes us towards our desired goal as a people. As radical as
that sounds - I think you'll find it's basically accurate. At least the ice
caps think so anyway...

    This is relevant to the AT as a conservation project...

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---