[at-l] Grand Unification Theory

At 12:01 PM 6/8/2002 -0500, Shane wrote:

>I find it rather fascinating that even fourth world peoples
>have a 'tradition' of 'back to the wild'.  I also find it
>rather fascinating that many modern peoples have lost this
>instinctual drive.

I think it may also be a generational thing.  My parents --
typical depression children (now in their eighties) never
took to camping or deep backcountry activities, at least
not as adults.  Same for my wife's parents.

I think maybe they spent too much of their early adult-
hood "roughing it" in a rather serious way, to every
consider doing that for fun.

rafe b.
aka terrapin