[at-l] OT - yurts

In a message dated 06/04/02 10:04:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
buchanan@gtcinternet.com writes:

> If I hadn't turned my ankle and had to come off at Dicks Creek Gap, I had
> planned on staying in a yurt near NOC as a real treat - had a big bed and a
> whirlpool bath and a skylight.  A bit more pricey than the hostel, but very
> very nice.  And that's one of the benefits of section hiking - you're still
> pulling a paycheck and as a vacation it's still really affordable, even
> with
> yurt stays!  And it would have been my first off trail night.  (You don't
> tend to spend time in towns when you're section hiking.) They wouldn't
> refund my money (cancellation policy doesn't take into account the vagaries
> and last minute happenings of trail injuries), but I still have a ticket
> good for a stay next time I'm down there.

I had a similar experience this last hike.  I prepaid a cabin at NOC, had to
bail out of that on the concept redesign and was unable to get a refund as
well.

BTW - The State parks here in Delaware have installed yurts at several
campgrounds and rent them for campers.  Pretty neat shelters as long as you
don't have to lug them around.

Black&blue

multipart/alternative
  text/html