[at-l] RE: Why the Grand Unification Theory - isn't

saunterer wrote -
>True.  Some of my best answers come from asking a question (in my head)
>then letting go of it.  At some point in the future (days, weeks, months)
>something happens, I read something or I see something in a new way that
>relates and the question pops back into my head as if to say "there's the
>answer".  It's exactly that process that meditation tries to stimulate but
>I find it happens better for me on a walk or some similar situation.

Jim -
What you're talking about is taught as one of the steps in the creative
process.  It's a tool that used by experienced Project Managers and design
engineers among others.  The subconscious will solve your problems for you -
if you allow it the time to do so.  Most people don't have the patience to
allow that process to work though - they have to FIX the problems - NOW.  So
they rush the solutions and screw it up.  A long walk is a good place to let
those things simmer.  And a lot less stressful than trying force an idea to
completion.

Walk softly,
Jim