[at-l] Religious meanings

Welcome to our campfire. I think that the answer to your questions will be
as varied as the definitions of "religious or spiritual." Folks of all
sorts of backgrounds hike the AT for a variety of reasons. Pilgramage is at
least a part of it. There are several areas on the AT with a holiness
associated with them, for instance the peak of Standing Indian in NC as
well as Mt Katahdin. There are several places that are equally as defiled
as the tables of the money changers - Bear Mtn and the motorcycles comes to
mind for me.

I suspect you will find many stories, especially more important are the
ones you experience.

OrangeBug