[at-l] Pleasant weekend, hiker/lister sightings

Spent a pleasant few hours at Kincora yesterday. It was my first visit, and what a great place. I could happily live there - if I were independently wealthy and didn't have to drive up and down that darn road every day :)

I was hoping to catch Leapfrog and Goose, which I did.  I wasn't expecting to catch Amy and Delee, or Baltimore Jack, but hey - good karma! I missed Pittsia by a day :( but that was my only disappointment.  A few of us went and had dinner at a local diner down the road - we were skeptical but it turned out to be not half bad. A hiker named Pete, who does not have a Trail Name, amazingly enough joined us for dinner. (amazingly because this is his second thru, and apparently he hiked extensively w/ Curtis on his first hike - and I just can't see CURTIS allowing someone to walk around without bestowing an appropriate trail name ;)) It was a nice, relaxing day out on the porch, and went a long ways toward making me feel less depressed about my second Mothers Day without Mom.

All the listers I saw were hiking well and happy - and I hate them all!! (well, okay, I don't hate them, but DARN I'm envious of their time on the Trail)  The word on Trail Days camping changes daily, with some claiming there is a tent city by the river, and others claiming there are no tents down by the river.  Guess we'll just have to figure it out when we get there.

Is the plan still to meet at the caboose Friday night? and if so, what was the time? I told Amy and Leapfrog and them 7, but then I wasn't sure about the time.

Red