[at-l] Virus in Water

There are many viruses living in natural bodies of water. The important
thing is whether or not they are human pathogens. No one has said that
springs and creeks are free of viruses, only that the CDC hasn't found
adequate risk to advice travelers in backcountry to use purifiers or
other treatments focused on viruses. They do recommend treatment of
water for prevention of disease from other pathogens:
http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/nasd/docs5/nj98003.html for instance.

Of course, marketers can use fear tactics to help sell a product. Most
people understand that this is done. We learn what risks are real and
which are contrived.

Viral infection from backcountry water in North America is a contrived
threat. If you wish to protect yourself from viral infection from North
American waters, I can guarantee you will be successful, regardless of
the product you employ. HYOH.

Bill...