[at-l] Need Help Choosing Backpack for AT

First, what is going into your pack? Your backpack should be among the
last of your purchases. Rather than focusing on the number of cubic
inches, you need to be focused on what will make the volume. In
general, extra space tends to become extra pounds of gear that you
might not have carried.

There are many good packs. I have a collection of 4 packs: one is my
daughter's Gregory, my TNF Beheamoth pack, a Bombpack and a Flight. The
shape of the Bombpack is not quite right for ease of packing, and I
don't like the suspension as much as the Flight. MountainSmith makes
some very interesting packs.

But before buying one, get the rest of your gear together.

Bill...