[at-l] Need Help Choosing Backpack for AT

Well I've fully decided that my 7lb Works mystery ranch pack is way way too
heavy. And it will be a good place to slash some weight. Only problem is I
haven't done much research on packs. I purchased my works when I first
started hiking... (now a waste of 400bucks) and never looked into other
packs.
I'm figuring around 4500-5000 ci and around 5lb or less. I would like a pack
that I can try out in a store instead of blind faith ordering from internet.
I'm not a Ultra-lightweight packer but I'm doing the best I can so I don't
think the G4 will do me ( I have a little more evolving to do yet).
So I'll love any help... How many cubes you think? Any pack suggestions?
Thanks Kindly
JTW