[at-l] Purism

>Jason Ball wrote:
>
> > My friend, we have to look no further than our own
> > neighbourhoods to see people lying all the time. The guy who steals cable,

is stealing what I pay for thereby raising my rates by not paying his fair
share

> > runs the water for his/her grass when the summer ban is on,

is taking more than he is entitled to thereby reducing what is available to
everyone else

>cheats on the
> > taxes,

increases my rates because the govt isn't getting it's fair share
(cough cough gag...did I just say that?)

>the speeders,

endanger my life

I'm not saying I'd drop a dime on these people but I would base
my estimation of their character, in part, on the knowledge.  It
would affect how much I trusted them.

I think we better stop this thread or at least, I'm not gonna read
it anymore.  This is getting scary.  When the simple recommendation
of DON"T LIE starts a flame war, well I find that scary as hell.
Sure we all lie from time to time but if we can't agree that lying is
a bad thing....well...that's really scary.