[at-l] Long Trail in September & October

Jim

Your dates are fine. It is a very beautiful time of the year. Anytime after
the middle of September you can get some snow up high but it is usually short
lived. If it happens to be cold and damp for a few days a 20 degree bag may
not keep you toasty every night. A light weight down jacket is very nice in
the evening as the darkness runs 12 hours when you are starting. Rockdancer's
comments were pretty much right on except I would have a little warmer bag.

I live near Mt Mansfield and have hiked and worked on the LT for more years
than most. (4 end to ends) The Green Mountain Club has the latest trail
updates. Check their web site a few days before you leave.
www.greenmountainclub.org

The Old RidgeRunner