[at-l] Purism

Wrong. 99% of people lie, and the other 1% lie about telling the truth.

We speed. We envy. We fudge numbers on taxes. We think our spouses and
ourselves the most beatiful specimens of human form. We are human.

If one lies about something petty, the result is usually petty. If one
lies about something substantial, the effect is also quite substantial.
The lie has more effect on the liar, in my experience.

I make the active decision to deciding which lies and liars are
important to me. We know examples of how telling a lie about hiking has
corrupted and cheapened otherwise credible people. It is a dirty rotten
shame to see self inflicted injuries. However, it is the liar's injury
and not your own.

I am reminded about some back country story of a complaining about a
dust mote in someone's eye while ignoring a log in your own.

Bill...