[at-l] Long Trail in September & October

In 1997 I attempted Mt. Ellen around Nov 1 and I was hiking in
several feet of snow. So that's definitely too late. I think your
October 6 date, at Williamstown, is a reasonable one. It'll be chilly
though, so pack the 20 degree bag, You won't need the crampons,
snowshoes, ice axe, etc.

btw, I did the LT, same direction, last August and had a great time.
The Northern half was as rough & tough as a lot of the AT in NH and
Maine.  RockDancer

--
Arthur D. Gaudet        	"Is walking down called hiking, too?"
(RockDancer) 	                 -heard at the top of Mt Washington, NH