[at-l] which thermarest to take?

Good Morning,

I've had my 3/4 length "original" pad for about 10 years.  It's held up
great, no leaks, no valve problems.  My heels get sore when I sleep in
shelters, but not in my bivy shelter on the ground.  We always joke that you
be made as sore from sleeping wrong in a shelter as you can from the day's
hike.  If you're sensitive to pain from pressure points in your heels (or
knees, depending on your height), I'd say go for the full length thermarest.
If you're not subject to pressure point issues on your hips and shoulders (I
am), you might seek an opinion from the ridge rest users.

As an alternative to a full length thermarest, you might consider cutting a
short piece of standard foam ground pad and see if will stay under your
feet.  Some folks carry a piece for that, and it also doubles as a seat
during lunch and rest stops - and probably for a few other uses as well.

Take Care,

Tim