[at-l] DEET Alternative.

I really don't like scary chemicals if I can possibly avoid them.  The only
bug repellant I've been using is an olive oil based herbal concoction that a
friend makes.  It's better than nothing but doesn't deter particularly
persistant bugs. I can ignore a lot of bugs and discomfort.  I did a summer
teaching horseback riding at a camp conveniently located right on Michigan's
largest bog without any bug repellant of any sort.  Is the AT going to be
worse than this?  Will I survive without DEET or will I be sucked dry by
blood sucking creepy crawlies?  I don't want to have to pack it or deal with
it unless it's really necessary.  I have some sort of mild chemical
sensitivites that flare up at the most inconvienient times.  But I also
don't want Lyme Disease or West Nile Virus or whatever the newest bug born
nasty.  I guess it's choosing the lesser of two evils...

ALA