[at-l] Backpacking Boots??

> What I AM saying is that if the local store is
> giving you something of
> VALUE [i.e., a chance to see equipment hands-on,
> coupled with good local
> expertise and service], then you SHOULD be
> willing to pay more locally!

I agree with you, but I'd like to point out that there are
also internet and non-local retailers that I deal with
because they have a record of giving me good service.  For
example I buy ALL my knives through Ruff's Saddle Shop in
Florida - but not just because they have the best price.  I
know that I can call Glen and he will personally answer any
question and fix any problem.  THAT is the kind of service
that should be rewarded.  It doesn't just help you, it helps
all of us.

Thank you for helping me think about it.

Shane