[at-l] The ethics of snoring......

thornel@attglobal.net writes:

> I recall
> stories of other hikers absolutely freaked out by a snoring companion who
> had pretty obvious and severe sleep apnea.

During the family ski trip 2 years ago, I shared a room with my brother.  Up
until that point, I knew he snored, but that trip, I found out he had sleep
apnea.  It scared the livin daylights outta me at night!  I'd lie there
counting the seconds he wasn't breathing and wonder at what point I should
throw a pillow at him to "remind" him to breathe.  I figured I'd let it go
until the 60-second mark.  He only got to 45 or 50 before gasping for air.

(RON////High Anxiety---you paying attention??)

He has since seen a doctor and uses a CPAP(?) machine at night (which I found
out THIS ski trip, works wonderfully!).  What would a sleep apnea sufferer,
like my brother, do on the trail?  Just take a chance and forget about it?

OB mentioned that smoking is correlated somehow.  Is alcohol consumption
also?  It seems so from my experience.

Teresa

"Procrastination is a dream-killer."

multipart/alternative