[at-l] The ethics of snoring......

One option for the CPAP user is to consider surgical intervention. Since
electricity is not available on the trail, CPAP will not be available.
There are several techniques, all painful and pretty predictably effective.
There are some who recommend oral airways or oral contraptions designed to
thrust the tongue forward. Few can tolerate a real airway without gagging
and choking. The contraptions are not demonstrated to be effective in
rigorous studies.

Alcohol tends to complicate sleep apnea by causing even more disruption to
sleep architecture as well as reducing respiratory effort. Smoking tends to
add to upper airway congestion and restricted airway.

Sleep apnea is a great deal like going to bed, with a madman placing a
pillow over your face every few minutes. Frequently, we find folks who
never sleep more than 3 minutes without interruption. This is quite a
miserable situation for everyone involved.

OrangeBug