[at-l] What's in your first aid kit? WAS Honey

> Ted, I had someone give me a very hard time for
> listing honey in my
> first aid kit for exactly those reasons. It does
> not work for long term
> wound cover, as it dehydrates and becomes an
> attractant to every bee
> and bug on the planet.

My first choice for wound treatment is table salt.  Nothing
lives in salt, and it is the ultimate anti-bacterial agent.
Stings a bit, but...

I still use honey for burns, when I'm out of Aloe Vera.

The second thing in my first aid kit is cyanoacrolate (Super
Glue).  Clean the cut, hold it together, apply the glue, and
voila! instant water proof, germ proof dressing.
Cyanoacrolates have been used surgically for some time now,
and have proven to be 'safe'.  YMMV.

Shane