[at-l] hiking sticks: another difference

Usually, one would use Leki's as splints for a bad sprain or fracture, and
a large stick for balance or 2 sticks to rig up a stretcher for someone
unable to walk unassisted.

One might be able to rig the splint with one Leki and use the other to
assist balance on walking, but these (and hiking staffs) are definitely not
designed to support as a crutch on uneven ground. Attempting to do that
sounds like an attempt to turn a bad situation into a disaster. The injury
from a pole end jabbing your underarm would be very nasty.

I also suspect that we are comparing apples to pomegranates in equating
trekking poles to white canes.

OrangeBug