[at-l] Scanning Question

> map if the user wanted greater detail. I don't know
> what the cost to you would be to house all the data
> though.

Each 14 x 17 map would occupy around 100 MB of space assuming 24 bit color
and no compression. Unless the computer has a 100 MHz or faster front side
bus and at least 1 GB or memory (the chip kind) it would be a nightmare
simply trying to open one of these files.

I am running a dual processor machine with a SCSI disk array, and 512 GB of
main memory, 32 MB of dedicated graphics memory on a 66 MHz Oxygen video
card and it can seem slow sometimes.

Lee I Joe