[at-l] Scanning Question

At 01:57 AM 2/23/02 -0500, The Weathercarrot wrote:

>Hi -
>
>I am very illiterate when it comes to this sort of thing,

Greg, so am I so take this with a grain of salt...
maybe a pound of salt...
I think you are gonna find that you need to do two
separate scans for the two applications.  The print
scan can be at a much higher dpi that the webscan.
It would take the average computer connection too
long to download the size of the images you are
producing.  It's a shame, but we will never see a
webshot with the clarity and detail you have created.
But...if you wanted, you could have smaller, less detailed
maps on a website with a link to download a " print quality"
map if the user wanted greater detail. I don't know
what the cost to you would be to house all the data
though.