Re[4]: [at-l] Home Solar Power (Non-Hiking)

"...Hmmm - sorry, Bob, but I said no such thing," reports Jim

 And of course, he is right. All my poorly worded sentence meant to say was that
 Jim has cited the need for new power sources.

 However, I still believe that Solar doesn't have to compete with electricity
from ancient power dams, but with competing new power sources. Passive solar for
home heating is currently the cheapest energy around. Solar cells for generating
electricity are already competitive for homes located a long ways from the
nearest utility pole.

I suspect within a comparatively short time solar cells will be a competitive
source of electricity for all solar homes, especially if the electric grid is
used as an alternative to expensive storage.

 Weary