[at-l] Two-person sleeping bags

I don't know if they still sell this, but we have a Marmot down bag and a device called a coupler. The coupler is a cotton piece which zips to the fully unzipped bag. The bottom of the coupler has pockets to hold two thermarests in place. I am not sure what the bag's temperature rating is. We have had it nearly 15 years. The bag is much warmer on its own than with the coupler. It was a little cool with the coupler once this fall when the temperatures dropped into the mid 20s. This has mostly to do with the top not really closing up like the single bag does. The weight is not bad. The bag and stuff sack weight 3 lbs and the coupler is 1 lb 6 oz, so sleeping bags for 2 people at 4 lb 6 oz.

Another idea is to buy 1 right zip and 1 left zip bag and then zip them together. This allows use separately or together. I think several companies offer this.

Soulfull
Jack.Bulkley@sas.com
Apex, NC