econ 101..... Re: [at-l] Flare Waste

--- RoksnRoots@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 2/10/02 3:23:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> icw39@ncfreedom.net writes:
> > the logistics have made it unattractive economically
> > to use this gas, so while the oil is captured and piped down
> to the big oil pipeline, the gas is just vented off and flared
as "waste!"
>        *** This tells us that rules should be included to
force
> companies to include an extra gas pipe along side any oil
pipelines. What could have been done was a parallel line along
side the Alaska pipeline that terminated in Anchorage where the
infrastructure already existed to process the gas.

### What you're saying here is that some captain of petroleum
industry saw an opportunity to invest in a pipe, make money for
their shareholders (OWNERS), and said "Nope! I'm *not* gonna do
it! I'm *not* going to 'make a buck' for my owners. That's
patently absurd.

### Try to imagine a case where "the logistics made it
unattractive economically" to use flare gas, and see if those
imaginings are borne out in reality.

(Whoa. What a thought: reality.)

=====
Spatior! Nitor! Nitor! Tempero!