[at-l] Flare Waste

In a message dated 2/10/02 3:23:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
icw39@ncfreedom.net writes:

> the logistics have made it unattractive economically
> to use this gas, so while the oil is captured and piped down to the big
> oil pipeline, the gas is just vented off and flared as "waste!"

      *** This tells us that rules should be included to force companies to
include an extra gas pipe along side any oil pipelines. This all seems like
pro-development bait to me aimed at getting people in the drilling mentality.
What could have been done was a parallel line along side the Alaska pipeline
that terminated in Anchorage where the infrastructure already existed to
process the gas. Either a liquifying plant, electricty generator, or energy
consuming plant. It seems a general insanity to have Californians at the
mercy of Enron manipulators while the energy they could have used to keep
things running normally was being pissed away into the Arctic air. The
millions they paid these wolves could have been used to construct the
necessary pipe. Why do companies emphasize new drilling as creating jobs but
don't mention the jobs created by working intelligently with what's already
there?

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---