Re[2]: [at-l] three cheers for Rocky

"... how little fuel oil is used sounds very "Holier than thou." says OB.

 My message is not that one has to shiver in the dark to conserve. Though I
 don't oppose people like Rocky choosing to do that if they want.

 But I know that an energy efficient home is also a more comfortable home.
 Conserving needn't mean being uncomfortable. Done right it means being more
 comfortable. Energy and money savings are just a bonus.

  I once designed the energy systems for an 1882 town hall that had been
  abandoned and unmaintained for 50 years. We gutted the interior of the 30 by
  60 foot building with 14 foot ceilings, added a foot of insulation to the
  walls, and two feet to the ceilings.

  It uses less than 300 gallons of fuel oil a year. We preserved a bit of the
  town's history, saved money and produced essentially a modern, convenient work
  space that if we can keep enough newcomers out will serve the town for another
  century.

  Weary