[at-l] Light weight. Does it end on the trail?

Jan -

I could not have said it better myself.

Vacations are supposed to be relaxing.  Many are not.  Backpacking is for me.
 So I selfishly take a couple of weeks a year and relax.  The rest of my
vacation time and life I take care of the others in my life who are very
important to me (wife, daughter, 2 cats, Dad, brothers, uncles, aunts,
cousins and nonhiking friends).

I can get by with considerably less stuff than I have (and that's a good
thing to know about oneself - self reliance is a good thing).  It's all those
other folks that can't.

Black&blue

In a message dated 02/05/02 9:11:12 AM Eastern Standard Time,
janl2@mindspring.com writes:

> But in truth, backpacking is a fantasy period of limited responsibility and
> distractions.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---