[at-l] Dogs on the Trail

In a message dated 1/31/02 8:46:59 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
sloetoe@yahoo.com writes:

> (And outside of some ...tree height concerns -- that I hope I put to rest --
> I *think*
> they were gentlemen all weekend. Anybody? Anybody?)

Hmm.  I seem to recall they came running down to the fire before the other
fire was put out.  They promptly started to "play" with the fire.  Obviously
they never heard of how most kids would "play" in the fire, because they were
very careful and actually got it blazing a bit more.  Next thing you know a
few hikers sitting around said fire started helping them.  They were treated
as if they knew what they were doing, no one started saying "hey, don't play
with that" and in general, they caused no problems at all.

'course, then YOU came along.  YOU caused more problems than they did ;) (ya
know, I can't even say "I'm going to the Trailhead" without bursting out with
- well, you know. ;-)

Red

multipart/alternative
  text/html