[at-l] hiking in sandals - not flame bait so don't even try it...

I have hiked quite a ways in my Tevas, I have the Alpen-whatevers with all
the 1/2 inch nylon straps, very secure. Other than getting leaf litter and
such caught in your toes, they work very well.

After falling into Slickrock Creek I was very tempted to just wear them and
forget the boots, which were soaked anyway. BTW, Gore-Tex does no good at
all when the water is waist deep and flowing into the top of your boots...

Lee I Joe