[at-l] hiking in sandals - not flame bait so don't even try it...

this was posted to another list I'm on (yahoo clubs - hiking), and I
really liked the way Steve phrased the statement.  I'm not posting the
entire message in order to save space, the part I'm particularly
interested in your comments about.

-----Clipped from an Original Message by Mtnsteve on Thursday, January
10, 2002 at 5:08 PM-----

****(when hiking with heavy boots) you just throw out your foot and land
on it..when you hike in sandals you "dance" when you walk.****

He is a mountain guide and routinely carries 60 lbs. (according to him)
in sandals while leading trips.
His assertion is that he (or anyone else) would avoid ankle injuries
while hiking in sandals by carefull foot placement rather than just
relying on your boot to protect you.

Sounds more like what I enjoy

-r (who walks in the snow barefooted to get the mail and visit the
neighbors)