[at-l] OT....Bummer

Welll.....yesterday, it was evident to me, even if he denied it,
that Mike was coming down with something.  I had heard him
coughing, but put that knowledge in the same place you put
the sound of water dripping on the tent floor at 3AM.  Nothing
you can really do anything about so.....try and ignore it.

He insisted he was fine.  I knew different.  I suggested we
take the dogs to a local 2 mile loop to run off some steam
before heading up to the mountains.  Generally, we do this loop
off leash, with Mike in the lead, three dogs following, with me
and the oldest dog pushing to keep the pace.  Let's just say
we bunched up a bit so I knew Mike wasn't well.

We cut out half of the loop and opted for a game of ice boccie
instead.  The conditions were perfect!  A fast freeze, made
for smooooth ice and a thirty foot wide playing surface.  Round
one is seeing who can throw/skip/slide a rock off the edge first.
Mike always wins this part cause I "throw like a girl".  Round
two....who can slide one closest to the edge.  I got really lucky
and this was a tie!  Round three ...trying to hit the rocks that
lay on the ice from rounds one and two.  I won a stunning
victory with two, 5 bonus point tosses in which I managed to
hit rocks and push them into the water.  ( Insert scene of me
doing the Rocky dance riverside with the dogs barking/cheering).

Well long story short, we set off to the Mountains, but Mike
fell asleep within ten miles.  I knew heading out for 48 hrs in
a cabin that takes 24 hours to heat above the brrrrrrr level
was not a good thing if you are sick.  So I took a left instead
of a right and headed home.  I was prepared for an argument
when Mike woke up but he didn't wake until we hit our lane
and he didn't argue.  He's been sleeping almost non stop since.

Oh well...no salmon picnic in the snow.  I had planned to plunge
into the creek at midnite to celebrate.  Mike said he had plans
to watch from the porch and laugh when I bounced on the ice. <g>

Maybe next year...