[at-l] Animals on the trail

> > So tell me...What's the coolest animal you've seen on the trail?

I' may have told this before so sorry if you've heard it.
I had my dog Dingo with me, and while Mike and
his cousin fished, a bit downstream, I sat and watched
the trout rise in the stream.  Suddenly, the dog stood up
on two feet.  I looked in the direction he was looking
and right across the stream was a midsize bear standing
on two feet staring at the dog.

Feeling sort of small and wanting back up I think, the dog
gave me such a glance that said "Get up, you fool".
So..... I did.

and there we were, Dingo and I on one side of the stream and the
bear on the other, standing on two feet.  Dinnie's legs started
to quiver from the strain, so I put out my arm for him to lean on.
If you knew Dingo, you would know what a crushing blow it
would have been to his ego to "stand down" first.  I guess the
bear wasn't concerned about ego 'cause she/he sat down, followed
by Dingo and I and we all went back to watching the trout rise.
Sorta....The bear and I pretended to.  Dingo didn't bother with
pretense.

After what seemed to be a looooong time, Mike's cousin
had a big trout slip the hook and let out an AWSHIT
which the bear heard and she left....ever so nonchalantly.

On so many levels, it was one of my most memorable moments ever.