[at-l] Animals on the trail

Well, ya know, it puzzled Dee and I too. But...this was Labor Day weekend when it rained so hard, we knew if we were climbing or descending because we were either going with the tide or against the tide. The trail was literally a stream and perhaps this little guy got a bit lost? Went for an adventure to see where this new stream lead and found himself on the ridge of the Smokies?  The odd thing was his color.  I have seen plenty of crawfish but none that were this bright. He really did look like a plastic toy.  I called to Dee and she came back (uphill) to check it out. Up until she asked if it was real, it never occurred to me that it might have been. We were both a bit surprised when it reared up on its tail and attacked my leki tip.

He was a cute little guy - hope he found the crawfish equivilant of the Northwest Passage.

POG
(we'll be in touch when we know our plans better)
<<Ya know that story really got to my curiosity.  I know there are crayfish that will live in saturated ground but up on a ridge? I bet I would have gotten 'distracted' by that sight and sat their dithering all day, trying to decide whether to give the poor guy a life to the creek or leave him to his fate.  Maybe he was the Lewis of the Crayfish version
of Lewis and Clark, looking for the northern passage.  Maybe he was a Crocodile Dundee, gone walkabout?  Could he be GA>ME? Nah...any creature that mixed up must have been SOBO.we were either going with th...<G> Really odd!!!!>>