[at-l] Hikin' toenails

Another option is getting a tongue depressor. This ain't the wooden
stick us docs use to look in your throat. These are similar to flat
insoles shaped like the tongue of your shoe and inserted between your
foot and the tongue of your boot/shoe. This also forces your foot back
into the heel and your toes away from the toe box. This can be
essential for those using boots sized 12 or larger - as they come in no
half sizes and become a sloppier fit.

I've done the Oren thing 3 times. First at Walasi-Yi, second at REI in
Atlanta, and third with Oren himself in Damascus at Trail Days. I think
Oren recommends shoes that are a bit small in a focus on reducing
blisters over comfort. His suggestion of the tongue depressor to make
some size 13 Salomon Mid Exit 2000 work with my Smartwools has been
stellar.

Bill...