[at-l] gluten and misc

I couldn't figure out why the gluten question was bothering me, like I knew
something about it but couldn't pull it out of the cobwebs... then I
remembered the fine print from the Cliff bar package - and they're wheat
free. If you're lucky enough to live near a Trader Joe's you can even buy
them reasonably cheap. Sorry, can't help with recipes.... sheesh, you won't
even be able to have any Lipton Noodle's... or ramen for that matter, or
mac and cheese.... you just might be down to the "only Cliff bars" diet
<g>.

Second was this past weekends expirment. I was going for a persimmon/apple
fruit leather in the dehydrator when the dehydrator "went south" (go for
it, Felix <g>), and switching to the over some of it ended up over-dried.
Still tastes fine, but I think it's now in the "crumble into the breakfast
cereal" mode...

BTW, Great trip repot Felix. 40+ miles in your first two days, huh? Nice to
know that you're still a glutton for punishment <g>

Last, out of the piles of holiday catalogs in the mail box, I dug through
the Sierra Trading Post and found they have Design Salt silk mummy liners
for $36. They're usually $50 plus, which I couldn't deal with, but I thinl
I just found myself a present....

skeeter